We love using soy wax for our candles because it is clean burning, sustainable and fantastic for candles. It burns slowly and holds onto the scent until the very end of the candle's life.
There are a few things you can do to help extend the life of your candle....
- The first time you burn your candle, its very important to keep it lit until the whole surface is liquid wax. When you burn it thereafter it will burn down evenly and slower.
- When burning after the initial burn, try and burn for a minimum of 45 minutes and no longer than 3 hours.
- Keep your wick trimmed to 5mm and if it 'mushrooms' nip the top off. This helps control the size of the flame so as not to burn too fast.
- Use a snuffer to extinguish your candle, blowing it out can cause some of the wick to drop into the wax and slightly damage the wick.
- Extinguish a candle if it smokes, flickers, or the flame becomes too high. These signs indicate the candle is not burning properly and the flame isn't controlled. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, then check for drafts before re-lighting.
- If soot forms on the inside of the tin, extinguish candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a damp cloth. Trim wick and relight.
- Do not leave your candles unattended and placed away from draft, children and pets and always place candles on a heat-resistant base and set on a level stable surface